Zombie Hood – Short Film Competition
aPint film production, the people behind the feature film, zombie Hood, have created a competition aimed at all you zombie short film makers out there. The competition is open world wild, each entry should be under 20 secs long and should be showing showing a zombie attack or zombie death scene.
Full terms and conditions can be found below or on the official Zombie Hood website. The best video’s will be used in the feature film, Zombie Hood, with the winner/s receiving full credit.
The winning entry/s, as chosen by the “Zombie Hood” film Producers, will be added to the feature film “Zombie Hood” as cut scene/s. The entrant will see his name in the film’s end credits and will also be added to the Bios page on the official Zombie Hood website. The winning entrant/s will also receive a signed DVD (PAL version only) when the film is released and will be invited to the Film Premiere in Nottingham, England, however accommodation and travel expenses will not be met.Rules
- All submissions should be no longer than 20 seconds
- All submissions should show a zombie attack on one or more human victims
- All submissions should be in colour
- All submissions should be in 16:9 format
- Submissions can be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo
- We would prefer full 1080, but will also consider 720 or lower
- Zombie Hood takes place over a 3 day period after a zombie outbreak. Your film can be shot during the day or at night, but avoid filming in the snow if possible.
- Zombie Hood’s undead start off as fast zombies, decaying and becoming slower after approx 12 hours of being infected. You can use fast or slow zombies in your short.
- Make up: You’ll find a make-up guide by clicking here.
- Try to avoid dialogue in your short and recognizable locations. Zombie Hood is set in England so if you’re filming in New York City, we may find it hard for your short to match our footage. However, there is a mention of the outbreak becoming a world-wide occurrence so if your short is good enough, we may still be able to use it, if it shows famous locations outside of the UK.
- There are no hard and fast rules regarding how scary or gory your film is. Try to think certificate 12a or possibly 15 at a push. Scary is better than gory!
- Be safe! It’s a zombie death scene, but please ensure that you don’t hurt yourself or anyone else while filming the scene. Avoid sharp objects and dangerous locations.
- We’re here to help, so if you have any questions, drop us an email or post on ourFacebook page.
How to Enter
- Upload your Film to YouTube or Vimeo
- Email email@example.com including the URL of your Film upload, your name, address and contact telephone number.
- Once reviewed, your Film will be added to the Official competition page on YouTube. www.youtube.com/apintfilm
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to film makers over the age of 18.
- Entries should not include any film content which contains third party copyrighted material unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must not upload any Film which contains branded segments unless you have obtained prior written approval for your use of same.
- Entrant must keep your entry under 20 seconds in length. There is no minimum running time.
- Entrant film’s aspect ratio must be 16:9
- Entrant must make sure to have everybody who appears recognizably in your film execute a model/talent release form.
- No music or songs should appear in the sound track.
- Entrant can add a title and credits. (title & credits do not count towards running time)
- aPint Film Production will not be held responsible for any damage to yourself, your equipment, property or actors while filming your short.
- aPint Film Production has the absolute right to review and reject at any time any short Film which they deem is unacceptable. You understand that aPint Film Production is not required to give any reason for its determination that a Film is unacceptable.
- By uploading a Film, you are transferring any rights of ownership in the Film to aPint Film Production in return for a credit in the feature film, Zombie Hood.
- After uploading a Film, you are restricted in your use of the Film and may not continue to exhibit it in other venues and online.
- By uploading your Film, and in consideration for aPint Film Production agreeing to accept your Film in this competition, you are granting aPint Film Production an exclusive and irrevocable option to acquire all the rights in your Film should it win the competition. The Company may exercise its option at any time it chooses within 3 months of the end of the competition by notifying you by email and shall become the owner in perpetuity of your Film and shall be entitled (but not obligated) to include the Film in the Company’s production “Zombie Hood”.
- If your Film is selected as the winner of the competition you agree to participate in reasonable publicity and promotional activities as required by Company and agree that the Company may publish your name and biographical information via the Company’s website and any other media. If your Film is included in the Company’s production “Zombie Hood” you agree that the Company is entitled to publish your name, appearance, and biographical details in connection with the Film.
- If your Film is selected as the winner of the competition you agree, if required by the Company, to enter into a director agreement or similar in connection with your participation in the Company’s film on the usual terms and conditions applying to such agreements.Your Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that you have the full right and authority to upload and post your Film and that the posting of same will not violate any rights of any persons.Producer Amendment. aPint Film Producers reserve the right to add, edit, including colour correction, foley and music to your Film.Amendment. The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting notice thereof on its website. Upon posting, the amended Terms and Conditions and the other items referred to herein shall represent the complete agreement of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of United Kingdom.
Disclaimer. It is possible that Films which you post may be downloaded or copied by third parties without Company’s permission, and you waive any claim against the Company for such actions.
Execution. By submitting your Film, you are “signing” these Terms and Conditions for all purposes under applicable law.